Features and Benefits of Plantation Shutters
July 27, 2022
Plantation Shutters can be described as a panel of large horizontal slats or louvres set into their own frames. Once fully open, they maximise light and air circulation; once fully closed they maximise your privacy and yet they can be precisely angled in-between.
Here at Blind Technique, Plantation Shutters are made to survey – just for you and your home. We also offer a FREE and no-obligation quotation for the different styles and materials you may be interested in from our supplier, S:Craft.
A classic and timeless design, easy to clean and maintain and one which adds value to your home as part of your fixtures and fittings. An inherently child-friendly choice, one which increases the perception of security, versatile enough to dress almost any room in the home plus an energy-saving and a space-saving option, too.
With all these plus points, let’s outline the features and benefits of Plantation Shutters in detail, here.
Features – The Blind Technique offer
- A choice of 7 wooden shutter materials with painted or stained finishes
- 6 choices of shutter louvre widths plus a solid panel shutter option
- 2 flat louvre options on certain ranges
- A comprehensive choice of shutter configuration options (the way the shutter panels will open once installed)
- Bespoke positioning of the shutter louvre control tilt rod e.g., off centred to the left or right
- The option of motorisation for louvre control
- Expert installation and guarantee
- An expert finish as standard – 6 coats of paint or 7 coats of stain: standard colours, many well-known trade palettes and custom-matching to almost any sample, available
- Iconic, timeless, elegant design suiting both the traditional and the modern home décor scheme
The Benefits of Plantation Shutters at Blind Technique
- Superb light control – protecting wooden floors and precious items from light fade
- A flexible price point – depending on the shutter material you choose and for which room
- Dress irregular sized windows with ease
- Child-friendly – no pull cords – just a tilt rod or the fully motorised option for ease of daily use
- A durable and robust choice
- Plantation Shutters do not accumulate dust in the same way as fabric custom blinds do, for example, so more allergy-friendly
- The design is always on-trend – minimalist, neutral – easy to dress up or down with your home furnishings
- Energy-efficient – when closed, cools the room during summer and retains heat during the winter season
- Space-saving – sit within their own frame, flush to the window
- Increases your home’s kerbside appeal
- Reduces ambient noise which contributes to improved sleep quality at night
We know the benefits of Plantation Shutters are very popular with our customers as we have a steady stream of orders. We also know our customers love to find out more about them so why not have a read of these recent blogs too?
If you would like to find out in more detail just how the benefits of Plantation Shutters could work for you and your home, contact us today to book a FREE Home Appointment.
In addition, why not pay a visit to our Eastcote Showroom, Office and Workshop location so you can view a full bay of shutters on display, see them in operation and observe just how easy they would be to clean and maintain – once installed?
The benefits of Plantation Shutters are such that they truly keep on giving, so without delay, give Blind Technique a call today.