Window Blinds and Moving Home
Moving home can be excitingbut also a little bit stressful as there is so much to do and to organise! Whether you are moving nearby or a long way away, upsizing or downsizing, moving somewhere new or somewhere old, taking on a project or picking a property that is ready to go, you will need to consider your window dressings. This is an area we are able to help you with whatever your style and requirements as you will no doubt need some privacy and room darkening from day one. Here are some top tips and common questions we get asked so that you can get ahead of the game.....and as we appreciate you have a lot to organise and sort out in your new home, as well as a lot of expense, we have come up with some additional ways to help below too.
Window blinds for your new home - our top tips
- Are there any blinds, curtains or shutters in situ at your new home? Are the vendors leaving you with covering at the windows or are they taking products with them? In most house moves, there will be an inventory style list provided to detail what is staying at the property so it is well worth checking this. Even if the blinds are not your style, they will provide some privacy and room darkening in the interim.
- Are you going to bring any of your blinds or curtains with you when you move? If the answer is yes, then be sure to measure in advance to see if they will fit and work out if any adjustments are required? As all windows are different, very often this is not a worthwhile task unless the fabric is something you particularly like and can't find elsewhere
- Measure the windows and get ahead by placing an order for new products before you move, the earlier the better bearing in mind contracts and completion. Blind Technique are also happy to provide you with a temporary DIY fabric for your bedroom when you place an order with us so that you can at least get some privacy when the windows are bare.
Window Blind Offers for Home Movers
- AS mentioned a FREE temporary blind with black out fabric for your bedroom when you place an order with us * (see below)
- Stepped discounts so that the more blinds you order the bigger the discount we give you. When you move, unless blinds or curtains are left in situ, you will need to choose suitable window coverings for multiple rooms at the same time. We recognise this can be a big expense and so will help you with larger discounts for larger orders.
- If you are have recently moved and are ordering Blinds or Shutters for your entire house then we will waiver the fitting cost and provide this Fitting FREE of charge. You'll be pleased to know that Blind Technique only use our own fully trained and skilled fitters, and guarantee our workmanship.
- If you are staying in the area or moving to our area the please visit our showroom and workshop in Eastcote, Middlesex.
- We will do our best to fulfil any express orders (those you need as soon as possible) as quickly as we possibly can.
* This is a simple and basic solution that you can easily fix yourself without the need for any tools. Using a blackout fabric and being able to either have it open or closed will at least help you or your family get a good nights sleep! This temporary solution remains the property of Blind Technique and will be removed by our fitter when your actual ordered blinds are ready for installation.
How can we help?
About Blind Technique
Blind Technique benefits from being a small dedicated team of people who know what they are talking about when it comes to Blinds, Awnings, and Shutters. We employ no pushy sales staff and understand that providing our customers with the right product at the right price is the key to our success.
Blind Technique Limited are Full Members of the British Blind & Shutter Association offering you peace of mind that only comes from a bona-fide manufacturer.
Some of the more recent New Homes we have worked on:
- Westside - Brentford
- St Andrews Park - Uxbridge
- Kew Reach - Brentford
- The Sandringham Estate Eatcote/Ruislip
- Ickenham Village, Cala Homes
- Pembroke Road, Ruislip
- Waterside Park West Drayton
- London Square - Eastcote
Blind Technique Showroom
Unit 4 Kildare Close
Tel: 020 8866 6997
Fax: 020 8868 8629