Types of Blinds: What are Plantation Blinds?
June 15, 2022
You may have considered custom blinds or made to measure curtains made from a fabric of your choice but yet you may still be looking for something completely different to suit your traditional or modern home. You may be asking this exact question – just what are Plantation Blinds? – so, let’s find out in this week’s blog.
Plantation Blinds are more commonly known as Window Shutters, Wooden Shutters or Plantation Shutters. So, what are Plantation Blinds? They are an effortlessly elegant, timeless and iconic design choice of window dressing which has become exceedingly popular. Plantation Blinds are constructed as a panel of large horizontal slats or louvres set into their own frames. Once fully open, they maximise light and air circulation; once fully closed they maximise privacy and yet they can be angled in-between.
Plantation shutters are bespoke manufactured here at Blind Technique, meaning they are made to survey, just for you. Their aesthetic and functional versatility means many of our valued customers dress their living room with wooden shutters, others select vinyl shutters for the bathroom whilst we are receiving more orders still for aluminium security shutters for a home office space, for example.
What are Plantation Blinds? The Blind Technique offer
- A choice of 7 wooden shutter materials with painted or stained finishes
- A FREE quotation for the design, bespoke manufacture and installation of the different styles and material you are interested in
- 6 choices of shutter louvre widths plus a solid panel shutter option
- 2 flat louvre options on certain ranges
- Bespoke positioning of the shutter louvre control tilt rod e.g., off centred to the left or right
- The option of motorised louvre control
- Expert installation and guarantee
- An expert finish as standard – 6 coats of paint or 7 coats of stain: standard colours, many well-known trade palettes and custom-matching to almost any sample, available
What are Plantation Blinds? They are truly customisable
Did you know that when you ask the question – what are Plantation Blinds – that they are one of the most truly customisable window dressings there is available on the market? Consider making the investment to receive your perfect Plantation Blinds on a bespoke manufacture basis. Know that Plantation Blinds from Blind Technique offer you a perfect fit, versatile light control and instant privacy when the louvres are closed. You have the opportunity to decide on the shutter configuration you would like, the louvre size you need, the wood, faux-wood, aluminium or vinyl material you prefer and select your perfect colour from a genuinely extensive, varied range of paint or stain options.
What are Plantation Blinds? The advantages here at Blind Technique
- The materials – wooden shutters, plus faux wood and vinyl – something for every budget
- Bespoke manufacture – expertly made to survey for your own windows at home
- A design-led choice – to compliment your décor and can add value to your home
- Plantation Blinds look good from a 360° perspective – unlike curtain linings!
- Customised colours and unusual, bespoke shapes are all possible
- Versatile light and privacy control – both easy to use and easy to clean and maintain
- The best of both worlds – an extremely contemporary yet timeless design statement
- Design subtlety – Bespoke Plantation Blinds blend into your architecture with ease
- One set of Plantation Blinds is all you need – you don’t need to change with the seasons
- Plantation Blinds are inherently child friendly – find out more
Blind Technique are proud to be specialist stockists and installers of S-Craft wooden plantation shutters and Luxaflex® faux wood window shutters and vinyl shutters. Choose the beautiful addition of Plantation Blinds knowing that Blind Technique offer a full range of shutters suitable for any room in your home. Enjoy expert installation of your high quality and guaranteed Plantation Blinds.
Did you know we have some recent blogs to further answer your question: What are Plantation Blinds?