Plantation Shutters - Sumatra
Sumatra plantation shutters are at the top of the S-Craft range and manufactured from white teak. Grown on the Solomon Islands and FSC certified, white teak is a beautiful silvery hard wood with a tight grain and high dimensional stability - making it the perfect material for joinery and shutter manufacture. Similar to the other ranges, there are eliptical louvres with an additional 32mm louvre unique to the range. There are additionally 2 flat louvre options that are 60mm and 84mm, also unique to the Sumatra range giving a total of 7.
Sumatra Shutter Features
- Material: FSC certified white teak
- Weight: 7.6 - 9.69 kg/m2
- Available in a choice of 28 painted colours and 20 stain options as well as custom colours too.
- Choice of 7 louvre sizes; 32mm, 47mm, 64mm, 89mm, 114mm eliptical and 60mm, 84mm flat
- Solid Panels: Shaker Style in stained option only
- Special shapes: All available
- Remote Control: Available
- Stiles are beaded for eliptical louvres and plain for the flat louvres.
This Sumatra window shutter really is top of the range, with an extensive choice of colours, frames, configurations and range specific louvre sizes. All this with the added peace of mind that your shutters are FSC certified - the only ones in the S-Craft range and as far as we know, the only ones currently available in the UK.
Shutter Louvre Widths
The louvre size is paramount to getting the best from your plantation shutters, as a rule of thumb normally smaller windows suit smaller louvres and with the unique 32mm louvre these shutters are perfect even for the smallest windows. There are 7 louvre sizes available in the Sumatra range, including 2 flat louvre sizes.
Download a pdf version of the the technical specifications and information for these S-Craft Sumatra plantation shutters. . Click here to download this brochure...
Other Sumatra Shutter Considerations
If you are interested in these top of the range white teak window shutters, there are a few other considerations. Of course - we will explain everything you need to know before you place an order and meanwhile if you have any questions - please let us know.
- Tilt Rod: Used to control the shutters, normally centred though can be offset to the left or right hand side. The tilt rod can also be hidden, known as silent, in which case you control the shutters by moving the louvres themselves.
- Configuration: Full height with or without an optional mid-rail to match your window, tier on tier, café style, special shapes or bay window. Find out more about shutter styles.
- Frames: Depending on the location of your shutters and where they are going to be fitted we will be able to advise you on the frame options available.
- Colour: Both in our showroom or via a sales appointment at your home, we have samples of all 28 painted colours and all 20 stain options for you to look at and choose. An image of each of the painted colour options is on the technical download above on pages 4/5.
Your internal shutters from Blind Technique
Whether you choose to visit us at our blinds shop in london (Eastcote, Middlesex) or you would prefer to speak to us and arrange for one of our team to discuss your options over the telephone or in person, we welcome your call. We have examples, guidance and swatches of all the options to assist you in your decision. During an appointment we can calculate a quotation straight away from our iPads, and we are often able to give you a guide price over the phone or via e-mail if you give us sizes when you contact us. Our shutters are priced per square meter and include a full survey, professional installation and VAT. See here how to measure your windows for a shutter quotation.
Window Shutters The finishing touches
These white teak Sumtra plantation shutters will give you a lifetime of satisfaction, add value to your property, increase perceived security, but most of all create an iconic design feature in your home that will give you pleasure for many years to come. Beware of cheaper shutters that will not meet your expectations; our S-Craft shutters are crafted in a state of the art production facility using advanced engineering processes. This ensures that you, our customer, will receive a first class product. Each Sumatra shutter is manufactured from FSC white teak to provide you with a bespoke product that will look as good in the future as it does today. Each shutter undergoes a rigorous final quality inspection before shipping to the UK.
Find out more...
- Back to the S-Craft Shutters Home Page
- Visit our plantation shutter picture gallery for inspirational images.
- Plantation shutters home page
- Check out the different shutter styles available
- Download our Shutter Brochure (pdf format 12MB)
- Contact us for further information on internal wooden shutters
Plantation Shutters Categories
- Shutters Home >
- Shutter Styles >
- Shutter Configurations >
- Faux Wood Shutters >
- Vinyl Shutters >
- S-Craft Home >
- S-Craft Antigua >
- S-Craft Bermuda >
- S-Craft Java >
- S-Craft Cuba >
- S-Craft Fiji >
- S-Craft Sumatra >