Plantation Shutters - Fiji
Fiji window shutters are available in a wide range of painted colours including some of the Farrow & Ball range and they are manufactured in premium hardwoods with a linear grain giving a flat finish ideal for painting. The stained shutters are manufactured from Paulownia, a beautiful honey coloured wood that is very receptive to stains with a aesthetically pleasing grain that shows through and is consistently knot free. Paulownia is a very sustainable and fast growing hardwood, it also has a very low thermal conductivity which means it is a very good insulator; keeping a home cool in the summer and warm in the winter. Additionally this shutter is available in a range of custom colours to match any RAL - or in fact match to any supplied sample!
Fiji Shutter Features
- Material: Hardwood for painted shutters and specifically Paulownia for stained shutters
- Weight: 4.84 - 7.88 kg/m3
- Available in a choice of 28 different paint colours, 20 different stain colours and custom colours
- Choice of 4 different louvre sizes; 47mm, 64mm, 89mm, 114mm
- Solid Panels: Limited range available
- Special shapes: Linear and curved shapes available
- Remote Control: Available
- Stiles are plain/flat with many frame options and choices.
This range is ideal for customers looking for an excellent quality hardwood shutter. It is carefully engineered with non finger joints so that the panels are very stable and resist warping or twisting. Due to the light weight, the configuration options are extensive allowing up to 4 shutters hinged together. The special shapes allow for a truly bespoke product, and for any customer looking for a stained shutter or custom colour for a real designer wow factor - Fiji hardwood shutters are the right choice for you.
Shutter Louvre Widths
The louvre size is paramount to getting the best from your shutters. There are 4 louvre sizes available in the Fiji range, larger louvres tend to suit larger windows and as ever the 64mm louvre is by far the most popular choice.
Download a pdf version of the the technical specifications and information for these S-Craft Fiji plantation shutters. . Click here to download this brochure...
Other Fiji Shutter Considerations
If you are thinking that the hardwood Fiji shutters are the right choice of material for you, there are a few other options to consider. Don't worry - we will explain everything you need to know before you place an order and meanwhile if you have any questions - we are here to help.
- Tilt Rod: Used to control the shutters, normally centred though can be offset to the left or right hand side. The tilt rod can also be hidden, in which case you control the shutters by moving the louvres themselves.
- Configuration: Full height with or without an optional mid-rail to match your window, tier on tier, café style, solid panels, special shapes or bay window. Find out more about shutter styles.
- Frames: Depending on the location of your shutters and where they are going to be fitted we will be able to advise you on the frame options available.
- Colour: Both in our showroom or via a sales appointment at your home, we have samples of all 28 painted colours and the 20 stain options for you to look at and choose.
Your internal shutters from Blind Technique
Whether you choose to visit us at our showroom in Ruislip, Middlesex (West London) or you would like to contact us to arrange for one of our team to discuss your options either by phone or by visiting you, we are ready to help. We have examples and swatches of all the options to assist you in your decision. At an appointment we can give you a quotation straight away from our iPads, and are often able to give you an idea of price over the phone or via e-mail if you can give us the sizes when you contact us. Our shutters are priced per square meter and include a full survey, professional installation and VAT. See here how to measure your windows for a shutter quotation.
Window Shutters The finishing touches
Your hardwood shutters will give you a lifetime of satisfaction, add value to your property, increase perceived security, but most of all create an iconic design feature in your home that will give you pleasure for many years to come. Beware of cheaper shutters that will not meet your expectations; our S-Craft shutters are crafted in a state of the art production facility using advanced engineering processes. This ensures that you, our customer, will receive a first class product. Each Fiji shutter is manufactured to provide you with a bespoke product that will look as good in the future as it does today. Each shutter undergoes a rigorous final quality inspection before shipping to the UK.
Find out more...
- Back to the S-Craft Shutters Home Page
- Visit our plantation shutter picture gallery for inspirational images.
- Plantation shutters home page
- Check out the different shutter styles available
- Download our Shutter Brochure (pdf format 12MB)
- Contact us for further information on internal wooden shutters
Plantation Shutters Categories
- Shutters Home >
- Shutter Styles >
- Shutter Configurations >
- Faux Wood Shutters >
- Vinyl Shutters >
- S-Craft Home >
- S-Craft Antigua >
- S-Craft Bermuda >
- S-Craft Java >
- S-Craft Cuba >
- S-Craft Fiji >
- S-Craft Sumatra >