Plantation Shutters - Bermuda
Bermuda plantation shutters are an MDF product with a polypropylene sleeve that when painted gives it a more natural look, similar to a hardwood shutter. The coating makes this shutter resistant to moisture changes and temperature changes therefore preventing twisting or warping, and additionally is very hardwearing. The MDF originates from the Radiata pine forests, and the manufacture of the MDF is seen as greenhouse gas neutral under the Kyoto protocol.
Bermuda Shutter Features
- Material: MDF with a polypropylene coating that is then painted
- Weight: 6.24 kg/m2
- Available in a choice of 28 painted colours from pure white through to some much darker colours including some Farrow & Bermuda options
- Choice of 4 louvre sizes; 47mm, 64mm, 89mm, 114mm
- Solid Panels: Not available
- Special shapes: Limited range, angled only
- Remote Control: Available
- Stiles are beaded.
This range is ideal for customers looking for a hardwearing window shutter with a more uniform painted finish in a wider choice of colours. Versatile with lots of frame choices and louvre choices as well as a much wider single panel limit.
Shutter Louvre Widths
The louvre size is paramount to getting the best from your plantation shutters, as a rule of thumb normally smaller windows suit smaller louvres. There are 4 louvre sizes available in the Bermuda range, including the most popular 64mm.
Download a pdf version of the the technical specifications and information for these S-Craft Bermuda plantation shutters. . Click here to download this brochure...
Other Bermuda Shutter Considerations
If you are thinking that these Bermuda hardwearing window shutters are the right option for you, there are a few other considerations. Of course - we will explain everything you need to know before you place an order and meanwhile if you have any questions - we will be happy to help.
- Tilt Rod: Used to control the shutters, normally centred though can be offset to the left or right hand side. The tilt rod can also be hidden, known as silent, in which case you control the shutters by moving the louvres themselves.
- Configuration: Full height with or without an optional mid-rail to match your window, tier on tier, café style, special angled shapes or bay window. Find out more about shutter styles.
- Frames: Depending on the location of your shutters and where they are going to be fitted we will be able to advise you on the frame options available.
- Colour: Both in our showroom or via a sales appointment at your home, we have samples of all 28 painted colours for you to look at and choose. An image of each of the painted colour options is on the technical download above page 3.
Your internal shutters from Blind Technique
Whether you choose to visit us at our shutters shop in Ruislip, Middlesex (Greater London) or you would prefer to speak to us and arrange for one of our team to discuss your options over the telephone or in person, we welcome your call. We have examples, guidance and swatches of all the options to assist you in your decision. During an appointment we can calculate a quotation straight away from our iPads, and we are often able to give you a guide price over the phone or via e-mail if you give us sizes when you contact us. Our shutters are priced per square meter and include a full survey, professional installation and VAT. See here how to measure your windows for a shutter quotation.
Window Shutters The finishing touches
These Bermuda plantation shutters will give you a lifetime of satisfaction, add value to your property, increase perceived security, but most of all create an iconic design feature in your home that will give you pleasure for many years to come. Beware of cheaper shutters that will not meet your expectations; our S-Craft shutters are crafted in a state of the art production facility using advanced engineering processes. This ensures that you, our customer, will receive a first class product. Each Java shutter is manufactured to provide you with a bespoke product that will look as good in the future as it does today. Each shutter undergoes a rigorous final quality inspection before shipping to the UK.
Find out more...
- Back to the S-Craft Shutters Home Page
- Visit our plantation shutter picture gallery for inspirational images.
- Plantation shutters home page
- Check out the different shutter styles available
- Download our Shutter Brochure (pdf format 12MB)
- Contact us for further information on internal wooden shutters
Plantation Shutters Categories
- Shutters Home >
- Shutter Styles >
- Shutter Configurations >
- Faux Wood Shutters >
- Vinyl Shutters >
- S-Craft Home >
- S-Craft Antigua >
- S-Craft Bermuda >
- S-Craft Java >
- S-Craft Cuba >
- S-Craft Fiji >
- S-Craft Sumatra >