Spotlight Series – Roman Blinds
April 15, 2021
Welcome to the eighth of the product spotlight pieces to be published here on our blog!
This luxurious looking blind is highly decorative and makes the best use of your choice of fabric via its soft looping structure. Plus, it is a personal favourite of mine as well as for other members of the team at Blind Technique. I am of course, talking about Roman Blinds. This blind is also versatile for you to choose for your bedrooms, dining rooms or lounge. If you are thinking about curtains for these rooms rest assured that Roman Blinds can provide an economical alternative.
Did you know we can offer Roman Blinds which can give you
- Modern simplicity
- A full range of styles, fabrics and lining options
- The chance to manufacture your bespoke Roman Blinds from your own fabric
- The option to motorise the Roman Blind with Somfy motors
- On a Home Appointment the opportunity to view the wide range of fabric samples
- In the Showroom the ability to view some display Roman Blinds in operation
Our Roman Blinds mean that you can experience
- An impactful design statement in the room of your choice
- The ease of operation if you choose the motorised option
- The chance to create a bespoke window dressing if you choose to use your own fabric
- The opportunity to create a Layered Window if you choose to use Curtains too to finish the look
- The ability to co-ordinate your chosen Roman Blind fabric with other Home Furnishings such as your cushion
- What lining do they come with?
We offer standard non blackout or blackout lining. Blackout Roman blinds are often more effective at darkening a room than a Roller Blind because the fabric reduction is hardly anything in comparison to the headrail size but we do need to have some tolerance so that the blind moves freely when inside a recess. Roller Blinds let in more light through at the sides.
- Are they good for heat retention?
We also offer interlining which creates a thicker feel to the fabric, contributing to better heat retention and a more luxurious finish overall.
- Can Roman Blinds be motorised?
We can motorise Roman blinds.
- Is it better to fit inside or outside of the recess?
Roman blinds can be fitted inside or outside of the recess depending on the customer preference. If they are to be a blind in addition to another product that is fixed inside a recess for day time privacy, Roman blinds are then often fitted on the outside of the recess and help to dress the window nicely with its nicely folded look when open and can run fairly close to the face of the wall to help reduce some more light when closed if it has blackout lining, but it will never completely make a room 100% pitch black.
- Can I use my own fabric?
Yes, you can. Although we have a large range of fabrics, we can also make a blind in the fabric of your choice.