September 2017 - If you are interested in one of the jobs below, or would like to find out more about other opportunities, please get in touch at
Trainee/Apprentice Blinds Maker and InstallerRequired October 2017
We are currently seeking to employ a suitable applicant as a full-time trainee blind manufacturer and installer. We are a small and modern family business that specialises in the manufacture of conservatory blinds. We also sell all types of window blinds, external awnings and plantation shutters. The job will involve all aspects of manufacture and installation of these products to our end customers, mostly domestic, but also trade and commercial customers.
This position is ideal for a candidate who is looking to learn a trade. Full support and on the job training will be provided with an opportunity to grow in the company towards becoming a fully qualified surveyor and installer. NVQ qualification for someone entering via the Apprenticeship scheme.
- Assisting with and learning how to manufacture the full range of products that we offer; window blinds, conservatory blinds and bespoke products, including motorisation.
- Supporting the rest of the team with the upkeep and general maintenance of our factory including accepting deliveries and organising carriage. This will involve some lifting of heavier items.
- To abide by our Health & Safety policy and other company policies.
- Going out on installation jobs to assist installing the full range of our products including blinds, shutters and awnings.
- Opportunity to be signed up to the Government Apprenticeship scheme and gaining accreditation.
- To uphold high levels of customer service
- Assistance in marketing efforts as required
Skills and Experience:
- Ability to measure
- Proficient in English and able to communicate effectively with our team, converse with our customers, and read instructions
- Polite and friendly attitude
- Honest, reliable and trustworthy
- Flexible with working hours and with a can do attitude including occasional evenings and weekends
- Good practical skills and willing to learn
- Knowledge of using a computer and tablet device including e-mail, internet and basic systems an advantage.
- Full time position
- Must be under 25 if wanting apprenticeship?
- Base working 40 hours per week
- Salary paid monthly via BACS
- Overtime paid for extra hours
- Salary in line with Apprenticeship rates
At any other time and for any other positions not currently advertised, please do get in touch and send a CV and covering letter to us at:
We look forward to hearing from you!Call us now 0800 678 3733